18 July 2019

Light


Everything is in shades of grey,
It used to be black and white,
Not anymore.

Thing have changed, and nothing can be done,
No matter how hard I try,
It all comes undone.

This crushing weight surrounds me,
Holding me under with no end in sight,
Suffocating me.

When I fall, I fall farther than ever before,
The glass ceiling is getting higher and higher,
And I can’t see it anymore.

This horrible feeling of helplessness never leaves,
Will I ever be good enough?
Or will I just fail.

I don’t know anymore.

Yet amongst this swirling vortex of death,
A light appears in the distance,
Begging me to find it.


It is so hard to grasp it tight,
It moves farther and farther away,
Impossible to find.

But not.

You see, that light I feel in the dark,
It is not just a light,
It is hope.

And no matter how far or distant that light seems,
The fact it is there is all that matters,
All that waits is for me to grab it.

And hold on.





- Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy place

The swishing, Swaying, Towering, Trees. The short leafy shrubs, In shades of greens. From flowers, Short lived, With colour...