29 July 2019

Breathe


Sometimes I forget to breathe,
A crushing weight holds me down,
Leaving me behind to seethe,
Hunted by relentless hounds.

Waves of anger pull me from the shore,
A deadly torrent, a raging wall.
It leads me on towards a war,
I cannot fight it, I can only fall.

Endless thoughts of despair,
Cage me in their deceiving hands.
Left with nothing, but to prepare,
I long to escape too far of lands.

On and on, my heart it breaks,
And I am left without my life.
This unending torment, anguish it makes,
No rest, nor might, only strife.

Yet in this darkness, far away,
Beyond my troubles and profanity,
A light, it glimmers, clear as day,
Saving me from my own insanity.

Lurching forwards, broken, yet strong,
I call on my strength, up from the depths,
Reaching for the light, were I belong,
I expand my lungs, and take in a breath.



- Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy place

The swishing, Swaying, Towering, Trees. The short leafy shrubs, In shades of greens. From flowers, Short lived, With colour...