18 October 2019

Purpose


The water swirled around my waist as I waited. The water shimmering with starlight on that moonless night. I slipped down into the water and rose back up to float on my back. Gazing at twinkling sky, the water covering my ears muffling any possible sounds. Lying there, my face bathed in starlight, I waited. I waited, and waited, and wondered what I was waiting for. The sun didn’t rise, so I decided to search for it as I waited. Wading through the water I searched for the sun. Sorting through the stars and checking in every little crevice in the universe until I found it, cowering on the very edge of existence. Speaking calming words to it, I gently lifted the sun and held it close to me, then returned it to it’s station bringing light back to the world and purpose to its existence. Maybe that’s what I was waiting for, a purpose. As I continued to wait I thought about the purpose of all other things in existence, and why other things that didn’t exists didn’t exist and the purpose they would have if they had existed. I thought about the purpose of anything existing and how if nothing had ever existed it wouldn’t matter. I thought about purpose until I had thought about everything that there is to think about it, as well as everything there isn’t to think about and everything in between, above, below, inside out and upside down. I thought until I thought I could think no longer then I thought some more about thinking. And still I waited for my purpose. I thought and waited and thought about waiting as stars were born and died. As I watched the universe age and evolve I contemplated everything that should be different, everything that was wrong and right and how the universe could be improved. There I waited, until the end of time, until there was nothing left except me, my thoughts and potential. I took all that potential and created a new universe, one full of purpose. I used everything I had thought about over the lifetime of everything and nothing to create this new universe, and when everything else had been created, I recreated myself, to observe and contemplate this universe, to find its flaws and improve it the next time. That was my purpose, but I wouldn’t let myself know that.


Louie Elliott

1 comment:

  1. This is really good!!! but para spacing makes it easier to read than a block of text :)

    ReplyDelete

Happy place

The swishing, Swaying, Towering, Trees. The short leafy shrubs, In shades of greens. From flowers, Short lived, With colour...