15 March 2019

Television

Look at me, I say I care while I watch you die

Look at me. I say I love you while I give you poison te eat.

Look at me, I say you’re beautiful while I teach you to hate your self.


I create ignorance
I destroy intelligence
I corrupt innocence


The screen flickers, the waves change and suddenly you don’t know what’s real.
But no matter what happens you can’t shut me down.

My love, lies
My complements, hollow
My compassion, fake

I may not be creating your bruises but I poke and prod the ones he inflicted.
But you won’t quit him either.

Maybe he and I aren’t that different, or maybe your mind is clouded by the lies we feed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy place

The swishing, Swaying, Towering, Trees. The short leafy shrubs, In shades of greens. From flowers, Short lived, With colour...