18 March 2019

Hades - Of the Underworld


I tripped and fell into his penetrating gaze
A stretching tundra; an endless maze
Reflected were pools of hate and fear
A screaming woman I could not hear

His eyes then illuminated by a raging fire
Fuelled by hate and fanned by desire
A want for a woman torn by words
Her hair of flowers and voice of birds

Where once stood hell, now smouldering coal
Dampened by his weeping soul
Casting shadows on her light
For even rain will darken white

Help, I cried in muted wails
His actions then caused me to pale
In his hands, a sharpened blade
My lips turned marble, my tongue to clay

He held her like a lover lost
Cutting ends but at what cost?
A  death? A life! But not a spirit
He turned it to me, and I did not fear it

Not this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy place

The swishing, Swaying, Towering, Trees. The short leafy shrubs, In shades of greens. From flowers, Short lived, With colour...