25 February 2019

After Hours


I sit in the empty senior eating area. 

Nostalgia filling my heart and engulfing me as the gentle warm breeze.

I look around.

A rusted bell sits perched on the brick walls, a memento of the history.

It sits proudly in a contrast to the sleek, clean designs of the buildings and cover.



The vibrant blue sky peeks from the heavens.

With gentle clouds elegantly painted upon her flowing pale skin.

The trees and bushes slowly dance to the song of the wind.

My deep breaths joining the choir of peaceful sound.



The grounds remain hazy and hushed.

Like a giant resting.

Preparing for another day of the regular, routine life of humans.

Its slumber frequently interrupted by the echoes of a whistle

or the chorus of birds.



The earth is quiet here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy place

The swishing, Swaying, Towering, Trees. The short leafy shrubs, In shades of greens. From flowers, Short lived, With colour...