22 March 2019

The Children


Children are the product of today’s society’s decisions.
In 20 years, what problems will they have to face,
That was created by today’s generation?

Did 5 year old's decide to drill for coal?
Did 7 year old's start and end wars?
Did 9 year old's sanction racism in our society?

No.

They were swaddled by their parents,
Told to keep quiet and play a game.

Told they weren’t wise enough,
To have an opinion that mattered.

Told that when they were older,
They would understand.

I don’t understand.

The world is my oyster,
Or so I was told.

Yet I made no decisions about how it is today,
And my children won’t choose how it is tomorrow.

Why is it that I,
The future of tomorrow,
Have no say in what world I will wake up to?

Give the children a voice,
For they deserve to have a say,
In the world they will occupy,
In the world they will play.

Give the children a voice,
Because isn’t it so,
That children hold the view,
To a beautiful world.



- Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy place

The swishing, Swaying, Towering, Trees. The short leafy shrubs, In shades of greens. From flowers, Short lived, With colour...