20 March 2019

Light in the Dark

Everything was an endless darkness
A demolished forest unable to grow
I wondered if it would stay this way
But I had no way to know

I don’t really remember much
It was all a blur in the silence 
I don’t remember seeing anything 
There was no light for guidance 

The darkness was getting stronger 
And these thoughts began piling
On the inside I felt like dying
But outside I was still smiling

I could feel it consuming me
This is all too terrifying 
I want to leave it all behind 
But this feeling is undying 

I wanted to end it all
Yet I couldn’t be bothered to try
But even though I didn’t 
I still wanted to die

However there was something nagging at me
Something I couldn’t push away
It told me strange things
Like “people want you to stay”

I thought it would disappear 
That it wouldn’t put up a fight
But even though I doubted it
It gave me some light

It was strange at first
And I couldn’t understand why
Because it had given me light
When I thought happiness was a lie

A simple trick
Carried out by my own mind
I thought it was a ruse
But I made myself blind

“Your a good drawer”
I look up and see
A person incapable of compliments 
Looking down at me

I had been drawing 
And hadn’t even known
But he clearly noticed 
And pulled me out of my dark zone

The rest of the day was peaceful 
Quiet but good
Happiness came back to me
Like I hoped it would

Although it may not last long
It might disappear the next day
I’m trying to cherish it
Before it goes on it’s way

Though it hasn’t been long
It taught me to see
That even if I don’t realise it
People still need me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy place

The swishing, Swaying, Towering, Trees. The short leafy shrubs, In shades of greens. From flowers, Short lived, With colour...