6 March 2019

The Name Game

He calls me by the wrong name
To him it’s just a game
Is hurting me the aim?
Or am I the one to blame?

He says it’s just a nickname
That’s what he seems to claim
I can’t say I feel the same
It really is a shame

They say bullying is what it became
That he did it all just for fame
But this feeling of guilt overcame

They all try to proclaim 
YOUR NOT THE ONE TO BLAME!’
But this feeling is untame
It burns inside me like a flame

I don’t understand what he is trying to gain
All I am trying to exclaim
Is please don’t misname

1 comment:

  1. Charmander - impressive use of rhyme and the coloured words in red are a strong way to reveal the hidden extra lines of your poem!!

    ReplyDelete

Happy place

The swishing, Swaying, Towering, Trees. The short leafy shrubs, In shades of greens. From flowers, Short lived, With colour...